Buy copyright free artwork

Drawing a Family Portrait

Monday, August 30, 2010

I would like to show you a family portrait that I have recently drawn for one of my clients on the occasion of his anniversary. I was provided with two separate pictures as a reference to draw from (one with the couple and the other with their cute daughter).

I used pen and ink to draw the portrait of this sweet American family using my favorite cross-hatching drawing technique. The portrait was drawn on an A3 size paper sheet. I created a black & white and a color version of the family portrait. The portrait was colored with Adobe Photoshop software. Having been scanned and processed on the PC, the digital version of the portrait had a rather big size and resolution to make large high-quality prints of the portrait. I hope this artwork portraying a happy American family was a good birthday gift.

I also created a video showing how the family portrait had been made. The video might be interesting for those who love to watch an artist working. I was allowed to show these pictures and the video, so here they are:

Family Portrait (pics + video)


gift family portrait (wife, husband, daughter), ink portrait

American family portrait (birthday gift), couple and their kid


Related videos:
Drawing a young couple
Portrait of a grandma with a Chevrolet Bel Air
Drawing a custom greeting card

*****

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Articles by Me

Recent visitors

Hire me on oDesk

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

  © Igor Lukyanov (Ukrainian artist and illustrator) 2009-2014

Back to TOP