Buy copyright free artwork

The Elf Princess (Portrait)

Monday, November 8, 2010

There was a guy from Italy who recently commissioned me the most unique and original portrait I had ever done during my entire artist career. He wanted to make a gift portrait for his wife and I was supposed to draw his wife as an elf princess with those cute pointed ears, a stylish crown and jewelry and a fairy look of this semi-divine mythological being.

It was a pen & ink portrait which I drew with cross-hatching using a regular photograph of the woman as a reference. I was especially pleased to draw this portrait as the Italian guy’s wife was from Ukraine (my Motherland). Ukrainian women are known all over the world for their beauty and I personally consider them as the most beautiful women in the world. I hope that my portrait will be a good gift for my compatriot and it will make her feel like a real princess of the fairy world of elves.

The elf princess portrait from a regular photo (pic + video)


elf princess portrait, elf girl


Related posts:
Family portrait with a dragon (inspired by fantasy art)
Drawing an ink portrait from a picture

*****

1 comments:

Coreopsis December 10, 2010 at 7:40 AM  

Beautiful portrait! It will make a lovely gift. I'd be scared to take such a commission, because I'd be worried that it wouldn't look enough like the person for them to be satisfied. I almost always use reference photos, but they rarely turn out looking like the person they were....

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Articles by Me

Recent visitors

Hire me on oDesk

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

  © Igor Lukyanov (Ukrainian artist and illustrator) 2009-2014

Back to TOP